Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Basic Genetics-Homework

Two thing I learned about heredity in the article you gave us is that children look like their parents because in the process of making the baby the dad and mom give one set of their chromosomes. We have 2 pairs of chromosomes, we get them from our parents, therefore they look like their parents in different ways. I also learned that since the parents give the chromosomes randomly each child has different sets. Its makes the child unique.

Two things I learned about traits in the article you gave us is that we are unique in our own ways because of our traits, traits are passed down from generations. Some examples are physical traits like hair and eye color. I also learned that the trait can be changed for example if you stay out to long then your hair color can change or when your behavior changes in the environment you are in. Heredity and your traits are what makes you unique in your own way.

No comments: